Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This exam is available at our clinic in Town of Mount Royal.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
Please note that CT-Scan examinations are not covered by the Régie de l’Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ). However, most group insurance plans cover the costs.
Mastoid bones CT-Scan
A mastoid bones CT-Scan is an imaging procedure to examine mastoid cells that are in direct contact with the middle ear.
Your health care professional may prescribe a CT-Scan of the mastoid bones to:
- Do a pre-cochlear implant assessment
- Diagnose dehiscence of the upper semicircular canal
- Examine a cholesteatoma
For the examination, we will ask you to:
- Remove your jewelry and any metal objects that could affect the quality of the images.
- Lie comfortably on a table and remain still. The table will slide into the CT scanner.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds while we proceed with the examination. Please note that we will capture the images very quickly, to reduce the radiation dose you receive.
To help you plan, please note that the total length of your visit may vary between 30 and 60 minutes, even if the examination itself only takes between 10 and 25 minutes.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is not covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.