List of services in infiltrations
Frequently asked questions
What is a cortisone injection?
A cortisone injection (a powerful anti-inflammatory) is used to treat a number of musculoskeletal problems, such as the following:
- Shoulder pain (tendonitis, bursitis, impingement syndrome, osteoarthritis)
- Knee pain (osteoarthritis, meniscus tear, arthritis, pes anserine tendonitis)
- Elbow pain (epicondylitis)
- Hip pain (osteoarthritis, trochanteric bursitis)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Stenosing tenosynovitis (trigger finger)
- Osteoarthritis of the thumb
- Occipital neuralgia
What does a viscosupplementation injection involve?
This procedure aims to inject a lubricant called hyaluronic acid (Synvisc-One, DUROLANE) into the joints. In joints damaged by osteoarthritis such as the knee or hip, this lubricant is not present in sufficient quantities to keep the cartilage healthy.