Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This service is offered in 14 of our Imagix clinics except for cardiac ultrasound and nuchal translucency.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
The Régie de l'Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ). covers ultrasound fees which are prescribed by a doctor and interpreted by a radiologist at Imagix.
To get an appointment faster, Biron also offers private ultrasound examinations (not covered by the RAMQ) through its network of Medvue Medical Imaging clinics.
An ultrasound is a painless and effective examination that uses an ultrasonic device (high-frequency sound waves) to create real-time diagnostic images of your body. It can also measure the blood flow in the main veins and arteries.
Our services in ultrasound
- Thyroid ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Pelvic ultrasound
- First-trimester obstetric ultrasound
- Abdominal and Pelvic ultrasound
- Third-trimester obstetrical ultrasound
- Testicular ultrasound
- Nuchal translucency ultrasound
- Spinal cord ultrasound
- Surface ultrasound
- Doppler ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Pediatric ultrasound
- Emergency ultrasound
- Frequently asked questions
Imagix™ – Comprehensive, caring and timely services
Renowned for its exceptional medical expertise, the Imagix team is committed to providing you with efficient, prompt service and ensuring your comfort and well-being. Our fourteen clinics in Québec are equipped with the latest technology, our radiologists have an excellent reputation, and our medical imaging examinations are adapted to your needs.
If you have a prescription for a sonography that is not listed, please contact us.
For the examination procedure, you will be asked:
- to change into a hospital gown and remove your jewellery and other metal objects, which can interfere with image quality. The radiologist or the technician will wear latex gloves. It is therefore important that you inform us if you are allergic to latex before the examination.
- to lay comfortably on an examination table. The technician will apply a warm gel on the region that will be observed
- to remain still while our radiologist moves the ultrasound sensor slowly to take images
Please note that the total duration of your visit for this examination can be between 45 and 60 minutes, even though the examination procedure itself will only last between 15 and 30 minutes.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) at Imagix.
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.