Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This service is offered at our 14 Imagix clinics.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
The costs of this examination are covered by the Régie de l'Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ). at Imagix
To get an appointment faster, Biron also offers private ultrasound examinations (not covered by the RAMQ) through its network of Medvue Medical Imaging clinics.
A pelvic ultrasound is a painless procedure that makes it possible to observe the body’s internal organs, namely: the ovaries, uterus, bladder and prostate.
For women, it is used mainly in gynecology to:
- examine cases of pelvic pain or unexplained vaginal bleeding
- examine the endometrium (uterine lining)
- identify uterine malformations
- detect ovarian cysts, polyps or fibroids
- do an infertility workup
- ensure the proper positioning of an IUD
For men, pelvic ultrasound is mainly used for:
- examining the bladder and prostate
- detecting abnormal masses
Preparing for the Examination (for adults)
- It is important to have finished drinking four eight-ounce (960 mL) glasses of water or juice 75 minutes before the test and not to urinate. You need to have a full bladder during your appointment.
Preparing for the Examination (for children)
- Newborn to 2 years old: drink 2 hours before the scan
- 3 years to 13 years: do not urinate before the scan and drink 450 mL (15 oz.) of water 30 to 60 minutes before the scan (varies by child)
- 14 years and older: it is important to have finished drinking four eight-ounce (960 mL) glasses of water or juice 75 minutes before the test and not to urinate. You need to have a full bladder during your appointment.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) at Imagix.
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.