Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
Digestive radiology is available at our clinics in Town of Mount Royal, Granby, Boucherville, Brossard, Laval, Trois-Rivières and Saint-Laurent.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
The costs of this examination are covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
Digestive radiology uses a liquid dye and a video screen to obtain images of the organs in your digestive system.
It also enables the identification of anomalies in real time such as:
- inflammation of the walls
Procedure for digestive radiology examinations
Please consult the exam that has been prescribed to understand the procedure.
Please note that the total duration of your visit for this examination can be between 30 and 60 minutes, even though the examination procedure itself will only last between 5 and 20 minutes
Specificities and Contraindications of digestive radiology
- If you are (or think you may be) pregnant, you cannot undergo this examination
- If you are diabetic, please let us know when you schedule your appointment
- A DC barium enema is contraindicated for patients younger than 40 years or 70 years and older
- A DC barium enema is contraindicated for patients with irritable bowel syndrome
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) at Imagix.
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.