Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This exam is available at our clinics in Town of Mount Royal, Châteauguay and Sainte-Thérèse.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
Please note that MRI examinations are not covered by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ). However, most group insurance plans cover the costs.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
An MRI is a non-invasive examination that is also used for obtaining specific diagnostic data that cannot be obtained with other technologies such as ultrasound, X-ray and computerized axial tomography (CT-scan).
Our services in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
What is Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) uses a magnetic field (no radiation or radioactive materials) and radio-frequencies to create clear, precise images (in 2D or 3D) of your body:
- the spine and the spinal cord
- musculo-skeletal system
- pelvic region
- arteriovenous system
Imagix™ offers complete, personalized and rapid care
Renowned for their exceptional competencies, our team is dedicated to delivering rapid and efficient service, and to ensure your comfort and wellbeing throughout the process. Our fourteen clinics in Quebec are equiped with the latest technology, our radiologists are renowned, and our imagery examinations are adapted to your needs.
For the examination procedure, you will be asked:
- to change into a hospital gown and remove your jewellery and other metal objects, which can interfere with image quality
- to lay comfortably on a mobile examination table located in a light, ventilated room. Depending on the type of examination, a contrast agent such as gadolinium may be injected in order to capture more precise images
- to wear headphones to listen to music or earplugs if you wish. The MRI machine produces a percussion sound, which may be incommodating for some patients.
- to remain still from 20 to 60 minutes, the duration of the examination. You may be asked to hold your breath at certain times
The duration, as well as the sounds generated by the system, can make some people uncomfortable. The technologist, who watches and listens to you at all times, ensures your comfort and well-being throughout the examination.
Please note that the total duration of your visit for this examination can be between 60 and 90 minutes, even though the examination procedure itself will only last between 20 and 60 minutes.
Specificities and Contraindications
If you suffer from claustrophobia (anxiety or fear of small spaces), you may feel some anguish during the MRI examination. Our technicians will show you simple and effective techniques for relaxation which can help you. For more severe cases, your health professionnal may prescribe an anxiolytic.
Tell the technologist if you have any objects in your body that have metal components, such as:
- aneurysm clips (vascular clips)
- insulin pumps
- cochlear implants
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is not covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.