Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This service is offered at our 14 Imagix clinics.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
The costs of this examination are covered by the Régie de l'Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ). at Imagix
To get an appointment faster, Biron also offers private ultrasound examinations (not covered by the RAMQ) through its network of Medvue Medical Imaging clinics.
The ultrasound of the testicles analyzes your testicles, epididymis and various vessels to evaluate testicle-related problems: pain in the scrotum, presence of a nodule, presence of blood in the sperm, fertility disorders. The examination lasts about 30 minutes.
An ultrasound of the testicles makes it possible to analyze your testicles, epididymis and the various vessels. It uses ultrasonic waves to obtain a real-time image to detect testicle-related problems such as:
- testicular torsion
- testicular or scrotum pain
- the presence of a nodule in the scrotal area
- a disease
- the presence of blood in the sperm
- fertility disorders
For the examination procedure, you will be asked:
- to change into a hospital gown and remove your jewellery and other metal objects, which can interfere with image quality
- to lay comfortably on an examination table. The technician will apply a warm gel on the region that will be observed
- to remain still while our radiologist moves the ultrasound sensor slowly to take images
Please note that the total duration of your visit for this examination can be between 45 and 60 minutes, even though the examination procedure itself will only last approximately 30 minutes.
Preparing for the Examination
No preparation is required before a sonography of the testicles.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) at Imagix.
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.