Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This exam is available at our clinic in Town of Mount Royal.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
Please note that CT-Scan examinations are not covered by the Régie de l’Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ). However, most group insurance plans cover the costs.
A CT-Scan of the neck is a medical imaging procedure that allows us to examine the organs of the ENT region (ears, nose and throat).
Your health care professional may prescribe a CT-Scan of the neck to:
- Diagnose a disease located in the ENT region
- Monitor the evolution of a disease already being treated
- Do a check-up before or after surgery
For the examination, we will ask you to:
- Put on a hospital gown and remove your jewelry and any metal objects that could affect the quality of the images.
- Lie comfortably on a table and remain still. The table will slide into the CT scanner.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds while we proceed with the examination. Please note that we will capture the images very quickly, to reduce the radiation dose you receive.
Depending on the examination prescribed by your health care professional, you may be injected with a contrast agent. We will give you a list of these agents when you make your appointment. If you think you may be allergic, please let the technologist know.
To help you plan, please note that the total length of your visit may vary between 30 and 60 minutes, even if the examination itself only takes between 10 and 25 minutes.
Preparing for the Examination
To prepare for the examination, we will ask you to fast for at least four hours beforehand (unless otherwise indicated). However, you can take medication with some water.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is not covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.