Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
This exam is available at our clinic in Town of Mount Royal.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
Please note that CT-Scan examinations are not covered by the Régie de l’Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ). However, most group insurance plans cover the costs.
A CT-Scan of the sinuses is an imaging examination that allows the contents and walls of the main facial sinuses to be viewed from the front and in profile.
Your health care professional may prescribe a CT-Scan of the sinuses:
- To diagnose and monitor chronic pathologies, such as chronic sinusitis or polyposis
- If they suspect the presence of a benign or malignant tumour
- In case of a traumatic injury to the face
For the examination, we will ask you to:
- Put on a hospital gown and remove your jewelry and any metal objects that could affect the quality of the images.
- Lie comfortably on a table and remain still. The table will slide into the CT scanner.
- Hold your breath for a few seconds while we proceed with the examination. Please note that we will capture the images very quickly, to reduce the radiation dose you receive.
To help you plan, please note that the total length of your visit may vary between 30 and 60 minutes, even if the examination itself only takes between 10 and 25 minutes.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is not covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.