Or talk to an agent: 1 833 590-2714
Oral-dental radiology is available at our clinics in Town of Mount Royal and Sainte-Thérèse.
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination.
The majority of these examinations are not covered by the Régie de l'Assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) is an innovative technique for digital dental X-rays that uses a cone-shaped irradiation beam. Very commonly used in implantology, it is more accurate than a panoramic dental X-ray and can target the area to be observed, to avoid exposing other parts of your skull to the X-rays.
CBCT captures three-dimensional (3D) images of :
- Skull structures
This examination explores the condition of your jaw bones and the function of your temporo-mandibular (temples and jaw) joints. This procedure:
- Explores dental development anomalies (e.g. impacted teeth, improperly positioned wisdom teeth)
- Views infection sites or cysts that may be present around the roots of your teeth
- Measures the bone volume available for installing a metal dental implant
The procedure is simple and painless:
- You will be seated in an exam chair and your head will be immobilized
- The technician will place cotton rolls between your teeth to separate your jaws
Please note that the total duration of your visit for this examination can be between 15 and 30 minutes, even though the examination procedure itself will only last around 20 seconds. The exam is painless.
Preparing for the Examination
To properly prepare yourself for the exam, we will ask you:
- To remove all metal objects on and near your head (jewellery, piercings, hair clips)
- To remove your dentures
- Not to chew gum or eat candy
A medical prescription is required to perform this examination. The cost of this examination is covered by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) at Imagix.
If your health care professional has prescribed this test for you or you have any questions, please call us at 1-833-590-2715.